All funeral directors charge a professional fee.
At Academy Funerals our professional fees cover everything that we do on your behalf. These items include but are not limited to:
- Availability of professionally trained staff 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year, to care for your family’s needs.
- Safe, secure and gentle care of your loved one in properly secured premises.
- Washing, dressing and preparation of your loved one for viewing and the funeral.
- Private facilities for viewing your loved one at a convenient time.
- Conducting, managing and attending to your loved one’s funeral at the place of your family’s choice.
- Liaising with clergy, celebrants, cemetery and crematoria facilities, florists, newspaper publications, musicians and caterers to mention just a few.
- Attending to registration of the death and adhering to local government regulatory bodies and their statutory
- Secure and professional transportation of your loved one during business hours from the place of death into our Care.
- Ongoing care and support for you and your family, as the need arises in the future, including introduction to qualified grief counselors, the provision of grief-recovery literature, and information for relevant support networks in your local area.
In addition to the professional fees, the other major item in the funeral director’s charges is the coffin or casket.
As previously mentioned, disbursements are costs that are paid on your behalf by the funeral director. Most reputable funeral directors accept these charges as part of the total account simply to assist you as a family to concentrate on each other and the day, rather than administering many small details.
Disbursements may include the following:
- The cost of cremation.
- Purchasing and preparing a grave site.
- Certificates (registration and/or cremation)
- Clergy or celebrant fee or offering.
- Church costs.
- Musician’s costs.
- Newspaper notices.
- Floral tributes.
- Funeral stationery.
- Video or photography of the funeral.
- Mourning cars.
- Air freight.
- Road transport.
- Goods and Services Tax.
As you can see there are a vast array of things that will contribute to the final cost of the funeral. Most of which the funeral company pay on your behalf as a way of easing the stress on the families of the deceased. We trust that we have given you a helpful guide to costing. For an obligation free discussion on this or any other aspect of funeral arrangements, please contact us at anytime.